Wash your face twice daily with a benzoyl peroxide cleanser. Benzoyl peroxide is one of the most effective acne treatments. It is found in many face washes. Wash your face when you wake up in the morning and before going to bed at night.
- If you can find one, use a face wash that contains exfoliating particles to help smooth your skin.
- If you have acne on other parts of your body such as your shoulders, back, and chest, give these areas a scrubbing twice daily as well with the same cleanser as you use on your face.
- If you wear makeup, never go to bed without washing it all off. Sleeping with makeup on is a surefire way to increase your pimple-count and make getting rid of your acne even more difficult. Use an oil-free makeup remover prior to washing with your regular cleanser to make sure all traces have been removed.
- Apply a salicylic acid toner. Pat your face dry after cleansing with a clean towel. Pour a little bit of toner onto a cotton ball and apply it evenly over your face. The toner will help treat your skin after cleansing, and salicylic acid can fight the acne.
- Some toners come as wipes or pads. Others may be sprays.Spot treat acne with a benzoyl peroxide gel. This gel can be bought from grocery stores, pharmacies, and beauty stores. Apply a dot of the gel on a pimple and pat it in with a clean finger. Look for products with 3% or less of benzoyl peroxide to avoid irritating your skin
- Apply a non-comedogenic moisturizer after treating your acne. Acne products can dry out or irritate your skin. A moisturizer can help restore moisture and hydrate your skin. Apply moisturizer after cleansing and treating your skin. Make sure to choose a non-comedogenic moisturizer. This means that the moisturizer won’t cause acne.
- Common ingredients in non-comedogenic moisturizers include glycerin, aloe vera, and hyaluronic acid