An effective exercise program needs to be fun and keep you motivated. It helps to have a goal.
Your goal might be to:
- Manage a health condition
- Reduce stress
- Improve your stamina
- Buy clothes in a smaller size
Your exercise program can also be a good way for you to socialize. Taking exercise classes or exercising with a friend are both good ways to be social.
You may have a hard time starting an exercise routine, but once you do start, you may begin to notice other benefits, such as:
- Better control of your weight and appetite
- Improved fitness, making it easier to do everyday activities
- Improved sleep
- More confidence in yourself
- Lower risk for heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure