Wellness 101 – How to Improve Your Overall Health
The goals of the St. Luke’s Patient Access Center are to:
- Provide a single point of contact to coordinate the transfer of a patient to St. Luke’s for diagnostic or interventional services.
- Connect physicians and patients with the most appropriate St. Luke’s specialist.
- Confirm that appropriate insurance approvals and authorizations are arranged.
- When applicable, coordinate the appropriate means of transportation, including ground ambulances and aeromedical support.
- Facilitate the follow-up and return of patients to the primary sending physician. This service is available to all patients and for any condition from simple to complex
- Facilitate a ready bed for all admissions
- Provide easy access for ED referrals
The intent of the Patient Access Center is to streamline patient throughput and increase customer service for our patients and providers.