- Age: Your ideal body weight may change as you age. For example, you may need to gain weight as you get older to maintain muscle mass.
- Sex: Men and women typically have different ideal body weights.
- Height: Your ideal body weight will increase as you get taller.
- Body composition: Your body composition, or the amount of muscle, fat, and bone in your body, also affects your ideal body weight. People with more muscle mass tend to weigh more than people with less muscle mass, even if they have the same height and body fat percentage.
- Overall health: Your overall health can also affect your ideal body weight. For example, people with certain medical conditions, such as obesity or osteoporosis, may need to maintain a different weight than people who are healthy.
If you are concerned about your weight, it is important to talk to your doctor or a registered dietitian. They can help you determine your ideal body weight and develop a healthy plan to reach it.