- Andreas Munzer: Munzer was a German bodybuilder who was known for his incredibly shredded physique. He used a variety of dangerous drugs, including diuretics and anabolic steroids, to achieve his look. In 1996, at the age of 31, Munzer died of organ failure due to his drug abuse.
- Greg Valentino: Valentino was an American bodybuilder who was known for his massive arms. He achieved his size by injecting himself with synthol, an oil-based substance that can cause serious health problems. In 2012, Valentino had to have his right bicep amputated due to an infection caused by synthol use.
- Mike Matarazzo: Matarazzo is an American bodybuilder who has spoken openly about the dangers of steroid abuse. He suffered from a number of health problems, including kidney failure and liver damage, as a result of his steroid use. In 2005, Matarazzo had a liver transplant.
- Rich Piana: Piana was an American bodybuilder who died in 2017 at the age of 46. His death was attributed to multiple organ failure, which was likely caused by his steroid use. Piana was known for his extreme workouts and his use of large amounts of steroids.
- Zyzz: Zyzz, whose real name was Aziz Shavershian, was an Australian bodybuilder who became an internet sensation due to his impressive physique and his motivational videos. Zyzz died in 2011 at the age of 22 from a heart attack. It is believed that his heart attack was caused by his steroid use and his underlying health problems.
Other bodybuilders who have taken it too far include:
- Dallas McCarver
- Shawn Rhoden
- Lou Ferrigno
- Ronnie Coleman
- Jay Cutler
- Kevin Levrone
These bodybuilders have all suffered from serious health problems, including heart disease, kidney failure, and liver damage, as a result of their steroid use. Some of them have even died from their steroid use.
It is important to note that not all bodybuilders use steroids. However, steroid use is prevalent in the sport, and many bodybuilders feel pressured to use steroids in order to compete at the highest level.
It is also important to note that steroid use is not the only thing that can put bodybuilders at risk. Other factors, such as extreme workouts, dehydration, and restrictive diets, can also contribute to health problems in bodybuilders.
If you are considering bodybuilding, it is important to do your research and understand the risks involved. It is also important to work with a qualified trainer or coach who can help you develop a safe and effective training program.