The glutes are made up of 3 muscles, all working together to provide form and function in daily activities and exercises.
The 3 muscles are:
- Gluteus Maximus (largest)
- Gluteus Medius
- Gluteus Minimus (smallest)
- Growing your glutes is just like training any other muscle, and therefore your approach developing the gluteus muscle group should be part of a well-rounded training routine.
- Hypertrophy has been proven to be one of the most effective ways of building muscle, along with increased training volume.
- With your glutes being one of the largest, and strongest muscle groups in the body – it’s important to be placing enough load, and volume (safely) to create adaptations in the muscle.
- Here are 6 of the best exercises to grow your glutes that should be part of any glute training program if strength, power and size is your goal!
- Barbell Hip Thrusts
- Back Squat
- Front Squat
- Bulgarian Split Squat
- Romanian Deadlift
- This list of glute-building exercises combines to best compound movements that allow you to put a significant load through the glutes, and lower body muscles – making them ideal for growing stronger, more powerful glutes